Oil resistant TPV
The TPV (Thermoplastic Vulcanisate) solutions for oil-resistant TPE and higher operating temperatures | A subcategory of thermoplastic elastomers (TPE)
TPE with durable resistance to oil and heat up to 150 °C for diverse and demanding markets such as the automotive sector, mechanical engineering and plant technology. KRAIBURG TPE offers oil-resistant thermoplastic vulcanizates (TPV) in the family of thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) that also performs well under high temperatures. The portfolio solutions HIPEX® offer you a wide range of modification possibilities in TPE to replace rubber. The TPVs are available in black and natural colours, whereby the natural-coloured variants can be coloured in a variety of ways as desired.
- Tried and tested in many applications: in the engine and transmission in permanent contact with oil and heat
- Temperature resistant up to 150 °C - in continuous use
- Hardness range 55 to 80 Shore A
- Long-term resistance to engine oils and greases
- Very good sealing properties
- Various colorings available directly from the factory
- Multi-component injection molding with adhesion modifications to PA, PBT or PP
- Seals and gaskets
- Flexible connections
- Retaining elements
- Mechanical components
- Seals for enclosures
WHY CHOOSE US? OUR KNOW-HOW IS YOUR ADVANTAGE.
Our priorities are quality, safety and reliability. Our expertise is chemistry.
Our market experience and understanding is unrivalled. We bring these together to help customers achieve their vision.
Oil-resistant TPE with thermal stability often leads to weight savings compared to rubber applications. In-process recycling as well as the possibility of end-of-life recycling is also possible.
Readily available solutions range from 55 to 80 Shore A (according to EN ISO 18064: TPV-(EVM+TPC), TPV-(EVM+PP) and cover formulation-dependent temperatures from 120 °C to 150 °C.
Engineers and technicians who demand high resistance to oils, lubricants and coolants rely on the quality product HIPEX®.
HIPEX® bridges the gap between TPE and rubber materials: thermoplastic processing and superior performance. The product has proven itself for years with customers seeking solutions for high temperature applications. We see excellent oil resistance here.
Christoph Raue | Development Automotive & Industry at KRAIBURG TPE
What are the ADVANTAGES OVER ELASTOMERS?
- No vulcanization necessary, resulting in shorter cycle times
- Multi-component injection molding with adhesion to PA, PBT or PP
- Lighter: lower density
- No post-processing needed: no annealing or deburring necessary